Visitors

Friday, February 15, 2013

Chair Planter

Spring will be here before we know it and it's time to start planning how to display all the beautiful flowers and greenery. I made this planter last spring and thought I would share it with you.

 I have never planted anything before and now that I am married and have a place to make beautiful I want to surround the place with color! This desert dryness and lack of color is really getting to me! ...This old white chair was an eye sore also. We had a whole set that we used around the old dining room table. One of the chairs was broken so we got a new dining set. The table became my new craft table which I love, and the chairs have just been hanging around. They were already white so I didn't need to add any paint-unless I want to go with some funky fun color later. I just cut a hole in the center of the chair just slightly smaller than the plastic planter I was using. I cut it using a combination of tools-knife, saw blade and pruning scissors. The pruning scissors worked best, but definitely flared up my arthritis! I could not use my hand for a whole week afterward! lol I am very pleased with the outcome of my planter, it was very  much worth all the pain. Now my front porch is a little more welcoming :)

I was able to just add the planter into the circle because the wicker chair was very stiff and sturdy. If the chair you are using isn't very sturdy I would consider reinforcing it with small pieces of 
wood screwed underneath out of sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment