Visitors

Saturday, August 25, 2012

My signature cakes...oh so good!

These are the sour cream cakes. 
It all started when my mom found a recipe for an orange peach sour cream cake.

All it is...you mix:

One box of orange cake mix
1 cup of sour cream
2 eggs

Mix together then fold in a can of peach pie filling. 
Add this last so you do not puree the fruit pieces.

Bake at 350-375 degrees for 35-40 minutes. 
Check often in case your oven temperatures are different.
Cake will be moist and fluffy with yummy fruit pieces within it.

The nice thing about this recipe is you can use any cake mix with any type of pie filling you want. The possibilities are endless!!!!!! Whatever you choose it will end up moist and delicious.



This cake I made for a friend. I added cream cheese icing on top. (Colored turquoise) lol
This type of cake is not the greatest for decorating-just eating. As you can see it tends to collapse from the weight of icing. Still delicious!


Another thing to try is chocolate cake with cherry pie filling. It's kind of like a chocolate covered cherry, only better cause it's cake!


If I have fruit to add to the top that always makes it better.

One that I made while I was pregnant was Strawberry cake with cherry pie filling.
I had crazy sweet cravings the whole nine months, and I had a girl! 
I wanted to make it fun so I made it purple ;p


The cake that I have tried most recently was a strawberry cake with strawberry pie filling...OMG! It has  got to be one of my favorites so far. I made it for a family gathering when I flew back home to indiana for a visit. It was gone in no time! 

Go ahead and give it a try! Let me know how yours turn out. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment