Visitors

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Getting back to "normal"

     After an ER run and having my gallbladder removed I am back home trying to recover. Being sore and trying to take care of a newborn and two older kids is definitely a challenge. Add in the diet change, I have been one busy lady. Since coming home we have tried to eat a lot healthier. For one, my body seems to reject anything I put in it these days. For two, we all need to lose some weight and feed our bodies with better stuff. With the help of pinterest we ate some yummy LOW FAT TAQUITOS last night. They are SSSoooooo good! They will definitely be a regular meal in our household! Here is a link to the Eat Yourself Skinny! Blog where I got the recipe. I highly recommend them! Guilt-free chicken taquitos. Another concoction I would like to share is what I call TERYAKI TUNA & BROCCOLI. I have been racking my brain trying to fix my family something healthy, tasty and different. We like all these ingredients in other meals so i thought meshing them together might be a win! 


Teryaki Tuna & Broccoli

3 cans chunk light tuna
1 family size bag of frozen broccoli spears
1/2 cup water
4 Tbsp teryaki sauce

Combine all ingredients in a wok or skillet. Cover and cook over medium heat until broccoli is the tenderness that you prefer. I suggest adding in the tuna later if you want more solid pieces. Cooking longer will break up the tuna. I added a can of baby corn. My kids thought the baby corn was the coolest! Hope you enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment