Visitors

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Knitting!

I have been crocheting for awhile, as you can probably tell. I know a lot about it and have even gone as far as attempting to write my own patterns. I love crochet. I would go as far as saying I love knitting even more! It holds a dear place in my heart because my grandma taught me how to do it when I was little. I think I was about 8 years old. I caught on quick. I learned the basics, and now I want to expand on them. I have tried a few patterns and FAILED horribly. My last failure was at a bad time. I was pregnant, more hormonal that normal, and was trying to make my daughter a dress that she could treasure forever and pass down to her children...this was a recipe for disaster. When I failed for the last time there I switched gears and started crocheting. I was able to push myself further with crochet then I had with knitting. Now I am ready to focus on knitting again, so this is where I am now.

I am attempting to make a sweater. It is very ambitious for my skill level, but I know it is what I need to push myself further. I am making the slouchy sweater from the Knit Cafe pattern book.
I am making it in the fisherman's wool in a brown color. I think it will turn out very nice. I am plus size and they do not have sizing that large, but I am making it in a large. I figure by the time I finish making it I will be that size, haha! I will have photo updates on my progress later. Until then...

Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment